Search my blog with keywords and favorite post titles to make your viewing (and reviewing) easier!


Saturday, June 26, 2010

Skopelos 5 - Food, Music and Family

Alexandra's son Filipo got married the day before we arrived! He and his wife Britta invited us over for coffee to their beautiful cottage in the hills. While looking at all of their wild herbs, fruit trees and gardens and the patio where we sat to have tea in the afternoon sun, my dad said he could understand why all of the Skopelos Greeks from Florida retired back to the island (he had a glimmer in his eye that hinted he might have something in mind for himself!).



We also visited Mania's house (Alexandra's daughter, and our cousin). Her dog just had puppies and they were the cutest little fur balls rolling around on the driveway.




Alexandra was so excited to hear me play guitar for the family. I don't know any Greek music yet (although I am learning to play Bazuki), but I played a Portuguese song I wrote a couple of years ago and this style was very new to them. She especially enjoyed it and even danced what I can loosely call a Greek samba ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment